Denver is a wonderful place to live. Many people are coming from other states to start a new life here. There are many advantages of living and working here.
Situated near Boulder
Denver is only a 30-mile drive from Boulder. The city of Boulder is ranked second as a startup accelerator in the US. It attracts lots of startups every year. Every place in this city including coffee shops and bars are full of entrepreneurial activities. This culture can be seen in Denver too.
Low living cost
The cost of living here is very low compared to other cities with similar standards of living. Housing is very cheap here. You will get the best of everything here, including school, university, parks, restaurants, transportation, etc.
In Denver, you will get 300 days of sunshine. Because of the high elevation of the city, people stay fit all the time as they explore various hiking trails or come down the ski slopes.
There are lots of parks and scenic sites in Denver. You will enjoy activities like hiking, mountain biking, etc. There are lots of things to do during holidays. You can spend quality time with your family here.
Denver is a great place to live, work and raise a family. There are many beautiful neighborhoods that are ideal for raising families. You will find all the city amenities here. You will remain healthy for the climate and activities, get a good job and have a great life here.
Denver is now attracting lots of start-ups and investors. According to Forbes, it is now fifth most important places to do business. Denver and its surrounding cities like Boulder have huge potentials to grow startups. Here are four reasons why you should grow your business in Denver.
High-quality life at a low cost
Employees can enjoy lots of outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, mountain biking, rafting, climbing, snowboarding, etc. You will find great hospitals and universities in the city. Though the cost of living here is slightly more than the national average, you will lead a very high-quality life here.
Support from the Mayor and the Governor
The Governor and the Mayor of Denver support the startup scene of the city. They formed ‘Colorado Innovation Network’ which aims to form a network between higher education, research institution, entrepreneurs and the industry leaders. The city is seen as a great place for technology startups.
It is a highly educated city with very high percentage of high school and college graduates. There are many good schools and universities here. So, startups will get the workforce they need quite easily.
It is one of the best places for early-stage venture capital investment. So, startup companies get a great opportunity to grow their business here.
Denver is a great place to start your startup. There is huge potential and the market is also business-friendly. There is everything present to grow a successful business here.
Denver is Colorado’s capital city. It is famous for its beautiful views, rich culture, and high altitude. Here are some interesting facts about Denver that you should know.
1. Denver wasn’t founded on a major transportation system, unlike the other cities in the state. The settlers discovered gold in this region and so people started to come here. The original settlement was founded by the gold miners and it was called Montana city. Eventually, three cities together became known as Denver, which included Montana City, Auraria, and St. Charles.
2. It is the home to five professional sports teams. NFL (Denver Broncos), NBA (Denver Nuggets), and MLB (Colorado Rockies), NHL (Colorado Avalanche) and MLS (Colorado Rapids). You will find lots of games being held here and many supporters of these games. So, it is a great place for sports enthusiasts.
3. It won’t host Olympics. It was given an invitation to host the 1976 Winter Olympics, but it rejected the invitation over concerns about over populating the city.
4. The Denver International Airport is very large. There are 53 square miles of runways, hangars, and terminals. It is one of the top four largest airports in the U.S. in terms of air traffic.
5. It is the home of the cheeseburger. Louis E. Ballast of Denver has the trademark for this food. He is the owner of the Humpty-Dumpty Barrel Drive-In. He made this delicious burger in 1935 and trademarked it. There is a stone slab in Denver made in his honor.
If you haven’t visited Denver yet, you should. It is a great place to visit with lots of history, culture, and activities. The city is very beautiful and you will have a great time.